Monday, August 27, 2018

Exploration 2: Kyle Manns

Hello, my name is Kyle Manns. I live in Powell OH, and I'm commuting from there to Marion. I graduated from Olentangy Liberty HS. I plan on transferring to main campus next year, though I may change my mind depending on how this year goes. I am currently undecided in terms of a major, but I’m leaning towards political science. My favorite school subject would have to be History, as I find the stories of the past to be very interesting, for many of them have shaped my world view. I like to consider myself a big film buff. Movies, music, and politics are just a few of my passions. In my free time, I like to hang out with my friends as much as possible.

Something that really stood out to me in “The Curious Writer” was the idea that the most important thing that influences a writer’s growth is the conviction that he or she can learn to write well. This stands out to me, because I find it to be absolutely true. I’ve always sort of sturggled as a writer, and English has never really been my bag if that makes any sense. That said, I believe that if I had a strong conviction that I could improve as a writer, more importantly, that I could act on such a conviction, I could truly improve as a writer. I just happen to have never really had the drive to improve in the writing department. I hope to do so this year, and the years following.

2 comments:

  1. Do you prefer a specific historic continent like North America, Africa, Asia, or do you like history in all of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all history, but North American history is my personal favorite.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Responding to Fresh

Author Michael Pollan says "Cheap food is an illusion" about halfway through the film Fresh . Using evidence from the film and you...