Monday, August 27, 2018

Exploration Two - Shana de Wet

     Hello, my name is Shana de Wet. I'm currently a junior at Pleasant High School, however I'm taking all of my classes at OSUM. My favorite subject is chemistry, and I hope to go into the medical field once I graduate high school and actually go to college. I was born in South Africa, and traveling has always been a big part of my life! I've been all over the world, but some of the places I've been to are Thailand, Haiti, Germany, England, and South Africa of course. I'm excited for this class and this academic year, and I hope to make new friends! 

This is a picture of me last summer in Phuket, Thailand!


     I enjoyed reading the first part of The Curious Writer. Something that stood out to me was the phrase "Writing well means believing that writing can lead to discovery." I love to discover new things, whether it be through traveling or reading a book. I never thought that you could discover new things through writing, however. I'm looking forward to reading more from The Curious Writer and hopefully learning (and discovering) many new things!

4 comments:

  1. It must be so nice to have seen those, and other, places! What place stood out to you the most, I guess visually? Also, do you have any plans for what you want to do with your love in Chemestry and the medical side of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture makes me so happy it looks so pretty there. What made you decide to take classes at Marion instead of returning back to High School? And what colleges interest you for the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love traveling too! What are some places you want to visit in the future and why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so interesting how we can learn more about ourselves from writing. It's almost as if we don't truly understand ourselves until we spill our thoughts and sometimes our feeling out onto the paper. Have you ever noticed this while you write?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Responding to Fresh

Author Michael Pollan says "Cheap food is an illusion" about halfway through the film Fresh . Using evidence from the film and you...